Just because the body responds automatically does not mean the impulse was ever wanted, invited, or condoned.
This is also often used as an argument to dismiss male survivors’ claims, that they responded physically therefore they consented. This is absolute bullshit.
Remember. Arousal does not mean consent.
The New Black Official Trailer
The New Black is a documentary that tells the story of how the African-American community is grappling with the gay rights issue in light of the recent gay marriage movement and the fight over civil rights. newblackfilm.com, @newblackfilm
I feel like I would wanna bomb churches after watching this. I need it tho
A 45-year-old man died in police custody in July 13, just days before Eric Garner was killed after an officer put him in a choke hold.
But cops treat black people as civilly as they treat white people, though. #NOT
Creíste- Anthony Santos
This is of utmost importance
Where are my Dominicans at?!?!?!
- A - If I'm in love.
- B - Who the last person I talked to on the phone was.
- C - How long it's been since I've kissed.
- D - If I have a preference for boys or girls.
- E - How many holes I have in my ears.
- F - Give me any options, like 'hot or cold?'
- G - The last person I said 'I love you' to.
- H - The last person I hugged.
- I - The last time I felt jealous, and why.
- J - Are you insecure. What about?
- K - What my full name is.
- L - If I have siblings.
- M - If I forgive betrayal.
- N - If you want to know how I treat my friends.
- O - If I like my school.
- P - What kind of music I like.
- Q - What the last party I went to was, and when the next will be.
- R - For me to tell 10 of my curiosities.
- S - 2 habits.
- T - 5 things I love unconditionally.
- U - How many texts I send daily.
- V - 3 big dreams.
- W - An idol.
- X - If I've done something I regret very much.
- Y - If I like my town and why.
- Z - Ask any question you want.
Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, Chad, Sudan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Djibouti. Those are the countries. It will be drought-resistant species, mostly acacias. And this is a fucking brilliant idea you have no idea oh my Christ
This will create so many jobs and regenerate so many communities and aaaaaahhhhhhh
more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Green_Wall
it’s already happening, and already having positive effects. this is wonderful, why have i not heard of this before? i’m so happy!
Oh yes, acacia trees.
They fix nitrogen and improve soil quality.
And, to make things fun, the species they’re using practices “reverse leaf phenology.” The trees go dormant in the rainy season and then grow their leaves again in the dry season. This means you can plant crops under the trees, in that nitrogen-rich soil, and the trees don’t compete for light because they don’t have any leaves on.
And then in the dry season, you harvest the leaves and feed them to your cows.
Crops grown under acacia trees have better yield than those grown without them. Considerably better.
So, this isn’t just about stopping the advancement of the Sahara - it’s also about improving food security for the entire sub-Saharan belt and possibly reclaiming some of the desert as productive land.
Of course, before the “green revolution,” the farmers knew to plant acacia trees - it’s a traditional practice that they were convinced to abandon in favor of “more reliable” artificial fertilizers (that caused soil degradation, soil erosion, etc).
This is why you listen to the people who, you know, have lived with and on land for centuries.
The Great Green Wall, to resist the encroachment of the Sahara. Fascinating.